Paul’s periodic persisted perceptions, predictions, postulations and punditry have previously pertained to his patented process for perparing painless, poignant presentations. I use a slightly different version of Paul’s process, my modifications are in red below:
- One month away: Blog about it, generate as much hype as possible, invite everyone I know to the talk.
- Three weeks away:
Promise myself to start preparing soon.Decide that the presentation would really rock if it wasn’t done in powerpoint, but in your own “presentation framework“, afterall - powerpoint doesn’t have a 3D video carousel widget now does it, and that is what your presentation REALLY needs.
- Two weeks away: Promise myself that I’ll
get to it this weekendstop fscking around with the “custom framework“ and start writing slides really soon, as it’s the last weekend I will have before the presentation.
- Weekend before the presentation: Convince myself that custom 3D transitions between slides are what your “presentation framework” really needs
the talk is still days away, and I can prepare it on weeknights.
- Two days before the presentation: Convince myself that
itthe slides can wait until tomorrow night.
- Night before the presentation: Panic! Stay up until at least 3AM the next morning preparing. Promise myself to start preparing sooner next time!
See you all at Tech.Ed Australia. I’ll be the one that looks really, really tired.